Tuesday, August 30, 2016

            My TeenPact Experience 
I attended my first State class when I was 13 and honestly I didn’t want to be there at all, I didn’t care about some “boring government class.” It was only after that week, that I found out that in addition to politics being anything but boring, there was so much more to TeenPact then politics. I went to state class expecting to hate it, but boy were my ideas changed. Sure I learned more about the government, but it wasn’t the politics that really changed me. Before class I had been going through a dry time spiritually, yeah, I was a Christian, but I was settling for a “good enough” relationship with Christ. TeenPact really helped me out of that time in my life and encouraged me not to settle for a “good enough” relationship. Needless to say, after my first state class I was hooked and since then I have participated in numerous alumni events and have returned to state class as an alumni student. But while every event has been completely different, they all have a couple of things in common. One thing is all of the lasting friendships and memories that are made at whatever event you go to, and the other is the spiritual growth and fellowship that have really strengthened me in my walk with Christ. I would just like to encourage anyone who is a little wary about going to TeenPact for their first time, to go there with your heart and mind open to what the Lord is trying to teach you, and believe me, you will come away truly changed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment